For the Enterprise Fellowships, international students from all across the world can study PhD programs at the Royal Academy of Engineering UK. This program aids inventive and adventurous engineers who have envisioned a revolutionary engineering concept that they wish to investigate further.
The program puts a lot of attention on making sure the prize winner has the information, connections, and self-assurance needed to develop their idea. Three different groups of people can receive assistance from Enterprise Fellowships: recent graduates who want to start a business, academics who want to spin off a company from a university or research facility, and international PhD students who are studying in the UK and want to start or spin off a company.
Description of the Scholarship
- Postdoctoral level of training
- Royal Academy of Engineering is the sponsor.
- England’s Empire
- Focus areas for engineering opportunities
- Program Runtime: One Year
Advantages and funding for scholarships
The Royal Academy of Engineering’s Enterprise Fellowship offers the following benefits to its recipient:
- Up to £75,000 in equity-free startup financing is available as a grant.
- expert business mentoring and coaching,
- A 15-day business education course,
- Involvement in our toolbox for promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Access to the investor, fellow, and academy community of our hub
- Experts and partners in the sector,
- The Taylor Centre, our physical hub, provides flexible workspace and lifetime Hub membership.
Requirements for Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships
To be eligible for Enterprise Fellowships – Royal Academy of Engineering 2020, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- English is a language that is required.
- The world’s nations are all eligible.
- In general, we agree with the following:
- researchers at universities that want to start a new business
- young graduates wishing to start a business
- UK residents who are overseas PhD students and want to start a business
To be qualified, you must:
- The Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your solution is 4 or above.
- The amount of equity invested in your business is less than 500,000 GBP.
- You are the only owner of the intellectual property or a co-owner, and you can protect your invention.
- Among the members of the original team, you own the most stock in the company.
- You are the CEO or COO of the business, or you want to be.
- For startups: During our program, you are not enrolled in school or employed in any other manner.
- You will also have obtained your first university degree by July 1, 2017.
- Since the university now employs you, spinoffs
- If applicable, your PhD defense will occur no later than November 30, 2022.
- Before applying, please make sure you have read the entire list of prerequisites.
How Do I Apply for the Enterprise Fellowships at the Royal Academy of Engineering?
Please visit the official website by clicking the link at the bottom. Follow these procedures to apply for a Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowship:
- From this page, applicants must first register with the system.
- After login in, select a program from the list of open apps by clicking My Applications in the top left corner.
The application procedure is divided into two stages:
In Stage One, you give a succinct description of yourself and your idea. It will take about an hour to complete. If you are eligible for the program, your idea meets the kind of aid we offer, and you are a good fit for the program, we will urge you to submit a stage two application. The proposal’s compliance with the program’s goals and objectives is examined at the first stage, not its quality.
The Stage Two Application will assess the quality of the Concept and Your Capability to Lead a Startup and is more detailed.
To provide more information about your team, yourself, the technology, and the business plan, it will take one to three working days. If this portion of your application is approved by a panel of experts, you will be requested to participate in an interview.
Due to the large number of candidates, we will not be able to provide you with the Panel’s assessment of your Stage 2 application until the selection process is complete.
If you have any questions, please contact the Enterprise team via email.
To find out more about Enterprise Fellowships – Royal Academy of Engineering, go to the official website: