Read this entire page if you want to study in Canada on a scholarship. Because we will outline the University of Calgary Scholarship, its advantages, and the step-by-step application process in this post.
International students can apply for the fully funded University of Calgary Scholarship 2023–2024. International students enrolled in their first year of any undergraduate degree program in the Fall Term are eligible for a $20,000 (renewable annually) scholarship.
The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a distinguished prize that honors an international student who is commencing their undergraduate studies and has achieved exceptional success.
The University of Calgary provides its students with a top-notch education that equips them for success in life as well as research that tackles society’s most pressing problems.
Summary of the Scholarships
- Undergraduate Institution: University of Calgary Level of Study:
- Research in Canada
- Deadline: To view deadlines, CLICK HERE.
- Program Duration: Depending on the Bachelor program you chose
Courses provided by the University
- Arts faculty
- College of Science
- Engineering school
- University of Medicine
- University of Business
- Environmental Design Faculty
- School of law
- The Kinesiology faculty
- Social work school
- Veterinary Medicine Faculty
- School for teachers
- Arts faculty
- College of Nursing
Scholarship Protection & Details
The following categories of University of Calgary scholarships exist:
- Scholarship for International Entry with Energizing Canada: $20,000. (Renewable)
- Scholarship for International Students at the University of Calgary: $20,000. (Renewable)
Criteria for International Student Scholarships at the University of Calgary
All of the requirements listed below must be met by a candidate in order to be eligible for the University of Calgary Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- All nations in the world are eligible
International Entrance Scholarship for Canada:
- Offered every year to one overseas student starting their first year of a bachelor’s degree program at the University of Calgary.
- At the University of Calgary, the scholarship is renewable in the second, third, and fourth years as long as the beneficiaries maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 over a minimum of 24.00 units for the prior fall and winter terms
- quality in academics
- need for money
- must have completed high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, at an accredited institution
- Preference will be given to a student entering a bachelor’s program in engineering, business, health sciences, or urban studies.
Scholarship for International Admission to the University of Calgary
- Offered every year to international undergraduate students who have met the university’s English language
- Proficiency criteria and are beginning their first year of any undergraduate degree in the forthcoming autumn semester.
- If awardees maintain a GPA of 2.60 or higher over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms, and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student, the award is renewable in the second, third, and fourth years at the University of Calgary.
- Academic merit for international students who must pay a premium fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
How to Apply for International Student Scholarships at the University of Calgary
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the application steps below:
(1) Submit an application to the university for an undergraduate program:
Your application may now be launched. Create a UCalgary eID first.
To assist you with your application, use the application guide.
Send in your application and the $145 processing fee.
We’ll inform you in your Calgary Student Center how and where to submit any necessary documentation based on your application. For more information, see the documents page.
(2) Complete the following procedures to apply for the scholarship:
Utilize your myUofC portal to access your Student Center.
Click on the “My Financials” page in your Student Center.
Click “Apply for Undergraduate Awards” under the Awards & Scholarships heading after scrolling down to that section. Make sure pop-ups are turned on. The page won’t show if popups are disabled.
Your screen will pop up a popup displaying any open or recently closed applications. Please be mindful of the dates for when applications are available and when they must be submitted.
Visit the university’s official website to learn more about its international scholarships:
- International Entrance Scholarship for Canada Energized
- Scholarship for International Admission to University of Calgary